Are you looking for a recipe for how to make mozzarella sticks? Look no further. We’ll teach you one simple way to make this delicious appetizer at home!
This recipe for mozzarella sticks will yield anywhere from 10-14 mozzarella sticks for you to serve to your friends and family as an appetizer, or as the main course.
If you need ingredients or equipment to make mozzarella sticks at home, be sure to visit our store page to find everything you need to get started at home.
Warning: When dealing with oil, please be very careful, and don’t burn yourself!
Remember to enjoy and be sure to let us know how they came out in the comments section.
Without further delay, let’s jump into the recipe!
How To Make Mozzarella Sticks
- 1 lb. mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Your favorite marinara or pizza sauce, for dipping
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into sticks.
- Pour flour into a shallow bowl.
- Season with red pepper flakes, oregano, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Add a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Whisk to evenly distribute the seasonings.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a separate shallow bowl.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a third bowl.
- Dredge each cheese stick in the seasoned flour.
- Dip in the egg followed by the Italian breadcrumbs.
- Dip in the egg once again followed by the breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Pop into the freezer for 10 minutes before frying.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high.
- Working in batches, fry the mozzarella sticks until golden brown and the cheese starts to ooze out of the ends.
- Remove from the oil and place the mozzarella sticks onto paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve with sauce for dipping.